Black Belt Magazine VOL. 59 NO.3
In the April/May 2021 issue of Black Belt: Stamp Fairtex owns the ONE Atomweight Kickboxing Worl...
In the April/May 2021 issue of Black Belt:
- Stamp Fairtex owns the ONE Atomweight Kickboxing World Championship and Muay Thai World Championship titles. Now she has her sights set on the organization’s MMA division.
- Dr. Leonard C. Holifield expounds on the science of effective fighting as outlined in the practice that’s creatively called defanging the snake, aka limb destructions.
Pankration leader Jim Arvanitis teaches a short course on the 11 striking tools martial artists need for close-quarters combat by drawing on the ancient Greek fighting art.
- In his search for strategies and philosophies to guide budding martial artists, the author examines the wisdom of Gichin Funakoshi, Jigoro Kano, Morihei Ueshiba, Bruce Lee, George Dillman and Leo Fong.
- Much of what’s taught in self-defense classes is incorrect. Here’s what the author says is wrong from a biomechanical perspective, a strategic perspective and a learning perspective.
- Long ago, wing chun, the style of kung fu known as “gangster fist,” had a connection to criminal Triads in China. It also has a current triad link that’s much more profound.