Black Belt Magazine Subscription - 2 Year
In the February/March 2022 issue of Black Belt:
- A veteran of four combat sports — boxing, muay Thai, kickboxing and MMA — Ray Sefo now serves as President, Fighter Operations for the Professional Fighters League. Here’s the story of his rise to the top and his efforts to make the PFL a fan favorite.
- Nine martial arts icons — Dennis Brown, Cynthia Rothrock, Bill Wallace, Benny Urquidez, Stephen K. Hayes, Willie Johnson, Ernie Reyes Sr., Gokor Chivichyan and Karen Sheperd — weigh in on the best and worst advice they received in their formative years.
- This martial artist’s account of how he converted his garage into a home training center for his family just might motivate you to give your own garage a makeover so you can practice what you learn in the dojo on days you can’t attend class.
- In “Beware of Greeks Bearing Kicks,” Jim Arvanitis discusses the foot and knee strikes of pankration, both its ancient form and its modernized version. Learn how the original mixed martial art teaches fighters to win battles.
- When J. Pat Burleson, a pioneer in the blood-and-guts era of karate competition, recently passed away, the martial arts community lost a legend. Relive his storied career and revisit the history of the arts in America.
- For the past two years, Emily Cooper has been on a mission to keep competition alive in the age of COVID. Little did she know that what she and her team created, the Virtual Tour, would become a martial arts phenomenon.