Featured in the October/November 2021 issue of Black Belt!
- In an exclusive interview, Shannon Lee discusses Bruce Lee’s recent depiction in a movie and how it compares to her father’s real role in the world.
- Jeet kune do authority Dr. Jerry Beasley surveys the ever-changing world of JKD instruction — a world that, sadly, is losing some of its biggest names.
- In “Battling Bruce Lee,” a Ph.D.-owning martial arts instructor discusses how you might take on Bruce Lee in the sparring ring. This thought experiment will help you become a better fighter.
- Black Belt Hall of Famer Burton Richardson looks at when the seeds of jeet kune do might have been planted and when they bloomed, then explains why that matters.
- In “Missing Link,” a grappler looks at a judo technique that could be the key to winning in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Learn the versatile waki-gatame arm lock.
- Is it time to abandon breaking, or does it still play a valuable role in martial arts training? Read what the experts say, then decide for yourself.
- And we continue with our two NEW columns! Lady Sensei is written by Black Belt Hall of Famer Gerry Chisolm, and Battle Plan is penned by retired law-enforcement officer and longtime Black Belt writer Lito Angeles.